So what is organic seo? Unfortunately there are few terms kicking around in this arena which are not clear. For example what is the difference or meaning of ‘search engine marketing’ versus ‘search engine optimisation‘? Many folks use the term search engine marketing to refer to PPC or paid search where traffic is bought on cost per click (CPC) basis. This is slightly confusing because where does that leave search engine optimisation?
Another way of looking at this is using the terms, natural search marketing or organic search marketing or seo, versus paid search / ppc/ or search engine marketing the latter inferring that you buying traffic based on CPC.
So organic seo what does it entail, how does one go about it? Organic SEO is about doing things naturally and letting the search engines find you, doing things like;
- making sure a search engine can see all the sites pages
- adding content pages to target keywords
- coding all site elements to be search friendly
- networking the site on the web, directories etc
- being active in social media using twitter, facebook, linkedin
- releasing press releases
- link bait, which is writing great content people want to link to.
We are big fans of natural organic SEO and prefer to operate this way.