Was online working on a PPT for a talk i am giving this week and noticed some fascinating stats re this question.
These show that the social web is really driving traffic along;
- More than twice as many people go online to socialize (82%) than to do business (39%) or shop (31%).
- 72% of people go online just to become part of a community.
- More men (42%) than women (36%) go online to do business.
- Women (91%) are much more likely to go online to socialize than men (73%).
- A majority of youths 55% go online to just to play games.
- More than half of seniors (65%) go online to be a part of an online community.
- Almost half (48%) go online to entertain others.
This data from http://www.ruderfinn.com/rfrelate/intent/intent-index.html